Higher Horizons encourages parents and members of the community to become active participants in the Head Start & Early Head Start program by volunteering. Parent and community volunteers play an essential role in ensuring the success of the program. Higher Horizons values the time and effort contributed by parents and members of the community to the program.
- Volunteers receive work experience, training and support.
- Head Start parent volunteers in leadership become partners in operating the program.
- Volunteers pride and ownership in the program extends to the surrounding community.
- Volunteers provide increased services to children and families.
- Volunteers are positive role models to children and families.
Possible Volunteer Opportunities:
- Assist in the classroom with activities and special events
- Help make education materials for classroom use
- Participate on field trips
- Become a member of the Policy Council, male-involvement group, or mom’s group
How to Volunteer?
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact the Human Resources/Administrative Specialist.
(703) 820-2457 ext. 113