Throughout the school year, Higher Horizons offers parents the opportunity to participate in trainings, workshops, and attend conferences. Higher Horizons collaborates with various community partners to provide trainings/educational opportunities that meet the needs and expressed interests of parents. The trainings/educational opportunities facilitate Higher Horizons in its mission to support children and families by empowering parents to reach their fullest potential and advance their knowledge, skills, and abilities through education, information and resources.
Parent trainings/educational opportunities provide parents with opportunities to:
- Work together with staff and with other community members on activities they have helped develop and in which they have expressed an interest
- Enhance their parenting skills
- Extend their knowledge and understanding of the educational and developmental needs of their children
- Share concerns about their children with program staff
- Learn how to promote children’s mental and physical wellness by providing group and individual parenting education in health, mental health, and nutritional issues
For information on upcoming parent trainings/educational opportunities, please check the website calendar.